General information on the rental process can be found here.
Rental equipment can only be shipped within Germany and Austria.
Rental to other EU countries may also be feasible after consultation. Send us a short request by e-mail to support[at]radonshop.com
Radon measuring device AlphaE - rental equipment
The Radon Meter AlphaE is a small, professional handheld instrument for continuous radon measurement. Thanks to its low weight and compact dimensions, the AlphaE radon meter is particularly suitable for determining personal exposure and personal dose.
Equipped with a diffusion chamber with silicon diode, the sensitivity is 3 cph at 100 Bq/ m³. With this, even low radon levels of 100 Bq/m³ can be measured (as required by the latest WHO recommendation: 12 % inaccuracy at 1 sigma/24 h). An equilibrium factor which can be set by the user allows the radon-induced dose to be estimated. The device was developed in cooperation with the Helmholtz Centre in Munich. Comprehensive measurements and user tests carried out by the Helmholtz Centre have confirmed the validity of the calibration and the error-free function even under extreme operating conditions (even at high humidity, e.g. in waterworks, mines, etc.).
The Radon Monitor AlphaE is battery operated and allows independent measurements with a battery life of up to 6 months. The Radon Monitor AlphaE can alternatively be supplied with mains voltage via the USB port. The collected measurement data are archived in the internal flash memory and can be read out via the USB port. Thus (with a 1-hour measurement cycle) the measurement data of a half-year can be stored. In addition to the radon measurement data, the signals of the integrated motion/manipulation detector and the temperature sensor are also recorded. The corresponding measurement times are also stored. A communication and readout software for exporting the data to Excel (or DataEXPERT) is commercially available.
- Determination of Radon Personal Exposure
- Radon measurement inside and outside buildings
- Measuring range: 20 Bq/m3 to 10 MBq/m³
- handy, small and powerful
- long battery life
- acoustic alert
- robust aluminium housing
Scope of delivery:
- Alpha E measuring device
- USB cables
- Power supply unit
- Detector principle Diffusion chamber with silicon diode
- Measuring range 20 Bq/m³ ? 10 MB/m³ (0.54 pCi/l ? 270 nCi/l) SI [Bq/m³] / US [pCi/l] (please specify when ordering)
- Sensitivity 3 cph at 100 Bq/m³
- Calculating the dose / measuring range According to the set equilibrium factor / 0 ? 1 Sv (0 ? 10 rem)
- Measuring cycle Adjustable from 1 min ? 12 h
- Storage capacity 12,900 data records (9 ? 6,450 days, depending on the measuring cycle)
- Diffusion time constant Type. 1 ? 2 hours (customer adjustable smoothing factor)
- Battery life (rechargeable) Approx. 6 months (rechargeable via USB)
- Interface USB, cable incl. charger
- Additional sensors Temperature sensor, motion/manipulation sensor
- Display 6-digit LCD & 5-digit alphanumeric display, backlight
- Dimensions 108 mm x 68 mm x 30 mm
- Weight 165 grams
- Housing Aluminium
Now NEW: Phone support for rental equipment
Book our telephone consultation with your rental equipment. Our engineers are all trained radon specialists of the LfU Augsburg (State Office for Environment in Augsburg). After you have received the rented device, you will receive a detailed telephone consultation on how to set up the device, what has to be considered and what initial measures can be taken in case of radon exposure.
Please note that there may be delays in the delivery time for rental equipment after media coverage. Should this be the case, you will be informed immediately. As a rule, however, you will receive the rental equipment within 2 working days.