Our RadonTec product novelty: AlphaSniffer / Radon-Sniffer
Using our AlphaSniffer is the fastest and easiest way for you to locate a radon entry point in a building. In the practical storage case it is the best companion for every radon localization.
Advantages at a glance:
Very fast detection
The Radon-Sniffer (AlphaSniffer) can indicate the presence of a radon source in only 15 seconds.
It can accurately quantify radon concentrations in 5 minutes. The algorithm accounts for radon progeny generated from detected radon gas to make detection more accurate.
Light-Weight and Compact
Light-weight and compact solution for radon detection. With one button control, OLED display, and battery rechargeable over micro USB.
It can be connected to smartphones via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to remotely monitor.
The radon sniffer is light, rugged, and versatile. It features a large OLED display for user friendly measurement viewing and one button control that makes operation simple. It is wirelessly connectable to smartphones via Bluetooth low energy, so users can monitor and manipulate real-time data through the “Radon Sniffer” app available on both Android and iOS systems. It is ideal for finding radon entry points and confirming the success of your mitigation work. In all, you will find that a radon sniffer is an indispensable tool for any radon mitigation project.
Use of equipment during a radon remidiation
Before beginning any remediation work, spend a few minutes using the AlphaSniffer to find where the radon is entering the building in order to determine the scope of the work that is required. Because the response time is only 15 seconds, you will know almost instantly when you come across a radon entry point!
After remediation work has been completed, quickly verify that the mitigation has been successful before leaving the job site. Check all of the locations where the radon concentrations were previously high and test the general air in the room with a simple 30 minute test.
Silicon Photomultiplier (SiPM) technology
11.5 x 8.5 x 11 cm (4.5 x 3.33 x 4.33 inch)
3.7V internal rechargeable 4,400mAh Li-Ion battery pack; 19 to 20 hours operation
5V, 400mA; 16 hours charge time
Scintillation cell: 1 counts per minute (CPM) = 28 Bq/m3 (= 0.75 pCi/L)
37 Bq/m3 (1 pCi/L) [Sniff mode running for 30 minutes]
Recovers from high radon exposures to 5% peak value in 5 minutes
Scintillation Cell Volume
Scope of delivery (Radon Sniffer)
1. AlphaSniffer with:
- Air hose: Connect the filter and desiccant, and scintillation cell together. Only use the supplied black curly one with the AlphaSniffer. The coiled hose connects the desiccant tube to the "intake" side of the scintillation cell.
- Inlet filter tube: Is contained inside a plastic tube. Air should pass through this tube before entering the scintillation cell. The filter removes radon progeny and other particulates from the air before it enters the scintillation cell so that radon levels can be accurately calculated. The inlet filter removes excess moisture from the air, ensuring consistent plate out of radon progeny inside the cell.
- USB cabl: For recharging the internal batteries of the AlphaSniffer
- Wall charger: The charger should be plugged into a standard 230 V outlet.
2. Protective Case with Pluck Foam