Geiger Counter GAMMA-SCOUT Alert: The Radiation Meter with Alarm and Ticker
The GAMMA-SCOUT Geiger counter is the best-known radiation measuring instrument in the world and is already the gold standard among experts and hobby researchers when it comes to measuring radioactivity. High measuring accuracy and good workmanship clearly set this hand-held measuring instrument apart from the crowd. Many experts are particularly impressed by the high-quality counting tube: it comes from the USA (LND Incorporated) and is considered by experts to be one of the best on the entire market. The plastic casing of the GAMMA-SCOUT is virtually unbreakable and meets all standards for shock resistance for portable handheld devices, which makes the casing extremely robust. It can withstand even the greatest temperature fluctuations.
Features and functions of the GAMMA-SCOUT Alert
The radiation measuring device GAMMA-SCOUT Alert has all the functions of the basic model and has been supplemented by two additional ones. Making radiation audible - this is possible with the Geiger counter GAMMA-SCOUT Alert. With the integrated ticker, every detected pulse is converted into the typical "click sound". The ticker makes it possible to locate a radiation source directly. By setting limit values and dose, you can also use the built-in alarm of the device and orientate yourself on these warning signals during the measurement.
The matching accessories for the GAMMA-SCOUT can be found here.
Radon measurement with the GAMMA-SCOUT
The Geiger counter GAMMA-SCOUT is the only hand-held measuring instrument on the German market that can detect alpha radiation in addition to beta and gamma radiation. Radon belongs to the alpha emitters, which is why all GAMMA-SCOUT models detect radon gas. However, a radon measurement in Bq/m³ alone is not possible, as alpha radiation can only be measured in combination with the other two types of radiation. For reliable radon measurement, we recommend an active radon meter.
Advantages of the GAMMA-SCOUT Alert at a glance
- Integrated alarm: Acoustic signals when the defined radiation value or dose is exceeded.
- Ticker: each detected radiation pulse is converted into a click sound
In addition, the GAMMA-SCOUT Alert has all the features of the basic model:
- High-quality counting tube: Measurement of alpha, beta and gamma radiation with a high degree of measurement accuracy.
- Short measuring intervals: 2-second cycle
- Dosimeter function: the GAMMA-SCOUT can also be used as a personal dosimeter
- Large data memory: Enough memory for up to 32,000 measured values
- Wide measuring range: 0.01- 5,000 microsieverts per hour
- Flexible display of units: Units can be displayed in SEM or sievert
- USB connection: The GAMMA-SCOUT can be connected to a PC via USB cable.
- Evaluation software: free download is available for Windows and MAC operating systems
- Official certification: complies with the CE standard (EU) and the American FCC standard
- Patented energy-saving concept: the lithium thionyl chloride cell has a runtime of up to 12 years
- Made in Germany: development and production are subject to high quality standards
- Certified individual calibration: The final test is monitored by the Institute for Radiation Protection of a state university of applied sciences. The test specimens must lie within the confidence interval of 5 % against a master, which in turn has been matched against a tested Cs 137 radiator and the ODL.
For whom is the GAMMA-SCOUT Alert suitable?
The GAMMA-SCOUT Alert Geiger counter has already proved its worth for measuring radioactivity at customers all over the world:
- Governmental institutions, such as THW, police, fire brigade
- Interested laypersons who suspect elevated radiation levels
- People living in a radiation-risk area
- Schools that want to familiarise pupils with radioactive radiation acoustically as well
The four GAMMA-SCOUT models at a glance
The four GAMMA-SCOUT models differ from each other in essential functions. Compare the devices and find the right one for your requirements.
Learn more about the respective model by clicking on the image of the desired GAMMA-SCOUT.
Scope of delivery
- Geiger counter GAMMA-SCOUT Alert
- USB cable
- Operating instructions
- Calibration certificate with unit number
Software download for evaluating the measurement data
Note for already purchased units
Please check your FW status first (press the battery symbol on the keyboard of the unit and the Enter key/left arrow in succession) before updating the software, as the new software is not compatible with old units (< FW 5.36). For copy protection reasons, the processor is fused after assembly so that it is not possible to update the FW subsequently.