GAMMA -EASY >>>>> Certainty at home, at work, and on the road
We all know how dangerous it is to be exposed to excessive radiation and its long term effects. If radioactive sources have to be detected and rendered harmless, we need measurement gadgets, especially since we can not see, smell, or feel those sources.
There is real danger, but there is sensation-seeking misinformation, too.
So what is true? For a reasonable price, you can now make sure that there is no significant contamination in your own environment.
Today?s world is a global village. We import and process a lot of materials from countries with a lower level of control or a higher level of radiation. By using a Geiger Counter , we can monitor those materials and make sure they are not contaminated.
Turn uncertainty into certainty. Fast, direct, and easy with GAMMA EASY.
Function, data, and features
Easy and fast detection of gamma radiation.
Audible decay indicator (ticker) via headphone.
GAMMA EASY indicates radioactive contamination easily and fast. It quickly detects the radiation dose in uS/h so that you can assess the risk of radioactive contamination of household aids and building materials by comparing the readings with normal environmental radiation.
- Audible signal (ticker) for decay
- LCD with green backlight for better readability
- Automatic switch off (Auto Power Off) to prevent flat batteries
- Maximum and average value of the last 10 measurements
- Measuring range up to 1000 µSv/h
- Adjustable alarm value for cumulative dose. Default settings: recommended radiation value of the German Radiation Protection Institute
- Adjustable measurement duration from 30 seconds, up to 3 minutes (longer measurement duration enhances accuracy of measurement)
- Adjustable long-duration measurement (dosage acquisition) up to 48 hours, with alert when adjusted cumulative dose exceeds
Facts, backgrounds, trivia
What is radioactivity?
Scientists describe radioactivity as the ability of certain atoms to transform into other atoms without any intervention, while they emit high- energy (ionizing) radiation. This radiation can cause massive damage to the human body. If humans are exposed to it, there is the possible danger that the radiation destroys the atomic shells of the molecules the human body is built of. In this case, ?radicals? develop. The more radicals, the more dangerous it is:
It can happen that important enzymes will become dysfunctional, or whole cell building blocks will be destroyed. The genetic material (DNA) is susceptible for ionizing radiation, too. Mutation of genetic information may occur which will be passed over to the daughter cells by the next division of cells. The higher the DNA damage, the higher the long term risk of cancer.
However, radiation is not all equal.
|Product weight:||0,18 Kg|