Professional device for the detection of radon entry paths: AlphaSniffer
With the AlphaSniffer you choose the fastest way to find radon entry points in the building and to test and confirm the success of remediation measures. It is therefore an indispensable tool for any of your projects aimed at radon reduction.
The AlphaSniffer is lightweight, robust and versatile. It has a large OLED display for a user-friendly reading and a one-button control that makes it very easy to use. It connects to the smartphone wirelessly via Bluetooth Low Energy, allowing users to monitor and control real-time data via the "Radon Sniffer" app available on both Android and iOS systems.
The advantages at a glance
- Fast localisation: Radon entry paths can be detected after only approx. 15 - 30 seconds.
- Delivery of accurate readings: Accurate quantification of radon occurrence within 5 minutes. Follow-up products of radon are taken into account.
- Optimised housing: The housing is simply constructed, lightweight and compact. One-button start, equipped with an OLED display and rechargeable via Micro-USB.
- Wireless connection with your smartphone: Can be connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
AlphaSniffer during radon remediation
In a robust storage case, it is the reliable companion of every radon expert during building diagnoses.
Prior to remediation work, use the AlphaSniffer to locate the entry points through which radon can enter the building. This allows you to ideally determine the scope of the necessary work. Due to the fast reaction time of 15 seconds, you can detect the radon entry points almost instantly.
After completion of the remediation work, check very promptly whether the measures were successful. To do this, use your AlphaSniffer to check all locations where radon concentrations were previously high. You can check the general indoor air with a simple 30-minute test.
Technical data of the AlphaSniffer
- Use: Radon detection
- Detector: Silicon Photomultiplier (SiPM) Technology
- DSilicon Photomultiplier (SiPM) TechnologySilicon Photomultiplier (SiPM) TechnologySilicon Photomultiplier (SiPM) TechnologyDimensions: 11.5 x 8.5 x 11 cm (4.5 x 3.33 x 4.33 inches)
- Weight: 510 grams (1.12 lbs)510 grams (1.12 lbs)
- Display: 3.2cm x 1.8cm OLED
- Power supply: 3.7V internal rechargeable 4,400mAh Li-Ion battery pack; 19 to 20 hours operating time
- Recharger: 5V, 400mA; 16 hours charging time
- Air pump: approx. 500 mL/min
- Sensitivity: Scintillation cell: 1 count per minute (CPM) = 28 Bq/m3 (= 0.75 pCi/L)
- Lower detection limit: 37 Bq/m3 (1 pCi/L) [If the unit runs in sniff mode for 30 minutes].
- Response time: 15 sec
- Recovery time: Recovers from high radon uptake with up to 5% peaks in 5 min.
- Volume scintillation cell: 0.30 l
Scope of delivery
1. alphaSniffer with:
- Air tube: Connects filter and desiccant and scintillation cell together. Only use the black air hose supplied with the AlphaSniffer. The coiled tubing connects the desiccant tube to the "inlet" side of the scintillation cell.
- Inlet filter tube (in the plastic tube): Air should flow through this tube before it enters the scintillation cell. A filter then removes radon progeny and other particles from the air so that radon levels can be accurately calculated. The inlet filter also removes excess moisture from the air, ensuring that the radon progeny in the cell is evenly removed from the plate.
- USB cable: For charging the AlphaSniffer's internal batteries.
- Wall charger: The charger should be plugged into a standard 230 V socket.
2. protective case with foam to give the Radon sniffer the best possible protection.