AlphaSeal radon-proof thick coating for a safe home
AlphaSeal radon-proof 2-K coating can be used for a variety of applications. The polymer-modified thick coating (FPD) can be used as an interior and exterior structural waterproofing membrane on horizontal and vertical surfaces, as well as for structural repair.
As a hybrid waterproofing system, AlphaSeal combines the advantages of a polymer-modified bitumen thick coating (PMBC) and a flexible mineral sealing slurry (MDS).
AlphaSeal complies with the DIN EN 14909 and DIN EN 13967 standards.
When installing the AlphaBlock 4+ radon foil, the AlphaSeal sealing slurry is used for radon-proof bonding of the foil to the corresponding parts of the Building.
Test reports and certifications
- General building authority test certificate (abP) for MDS
- MPA test report for FPD
- MPA test report crack bridging
- Test report: Tight against radon at 3 mm TDS
- CE certification according to EN 14891 CM O1
Areas of application of AlphaSeal
- Radon sealing: for radon-proof bonding of the AlphaBlock 4+ radon foil
- Building waterproofing: interior and exterior
- Building repair
- Base waterproofing
- Surface sealing: horizontal and vertical
- under tiles, screed and rising building component
- Bonding of insulation boards (after approx. 24h)
- For substrate preparation as cove mortar or scratch coat, filled with quartz sand
- As FPD: Crack bridging up to max. 1.0 mm (crack bridging class RÜ3-E according to DIN 18533-1 or crack class R3-B according to DIN 18535-1).
- As MDS: Crack bridging up to max. 0.2 mm (crack bridging class R1-E according to DIN 18533-1 , or crack bridging class R1-B according to DIN 18535-1)
Technical data of AlphaSeal
- Color: dark gray
- Solid: approx. 90 wt.%
- Density (+20 °C): approx. 1.10 g/cm³
- Processing temperature: + 2°C to + 30°C
- Processing time: approx. 45 minutes
Properties of AlphaSeal
- Rapidly rainproof, after approx. 2h
- Water pressure resistant, within 24h (up to 10m water column)
- Tough elastic
- Can be plastered over
- Can be painted over
- Frost resistant
- Can be refilled after only 16 hrs.
- Fast setting, even at temperatures of +2°C
- Creamy and homogeneous application
A fresh layer of 1.02 mm results in a dry layer of approx. 1 mm. The consumption thus corresponds to 1.07 kg/m².
When bonding AlphaBlock 4+ Radon Film, a fresh layer of 4 mm (3 mm dry layer) and a consumption of approx. kg/m² must be expected.
The additional consumption of approx. 1 - 1.5 kg/m² for scratch as well as filler fillings and variations due to processing must be calculated additionally.
Substrates for AlphaSeal
- free of grease and oil
- free of loose constituents
- on dry or slightly damp substrates
- on old bituminous substrates
- on mineral waterproofing
The original sealed container has a shelf life of at least 12 months. Storage must be dry, cool but frost-free.
There are no reviews yet.