Perform long-term radon measurements easily and inexpensively yourself with RadonTec PRD Exposimeter
Discover our accredited radon measuring devices for your long-term measurements. They are considered to be one of the safest measurement methods for determining the radon concentration and for reliably determining the annual mean value. The exposimeters are evaluated by our partner test laboratory ALTRAC after your measurement.
How do I measure radon with a PRD exposimeter?
The advantages of the RadonTec PRD Exposimeter
-Relevant values after 1 to 12 months
-Tried and tested technology (nuclear track measurement method)
-Laboratory evaluation included
-Legally accepted exposimeter (important for organizations and companies, but also for private users such as landlords or tenants)
Tips for radon measurement with RadonTec PRD Exposimeter
Meaningful radon measurement in single family houses
In order to carry out a meaningful radon measurement in single-family houses, with which also an annual average value can be determined
- at least two (2) living rooms should be measured (e.g. bedroom, children's room, living room).
- at least one (1) living room per floor should be measured.
- should the length of the measurement period be between 3 and 12 months. Those who cannot wait 12 months should observe the minimum measuring time of 3 months (min. 88 days) during the heating period (October - April) in order not to underestimate the annual mean value.
- each single-family house must have its own measurement package.
- the measuring instructions must be followed exactly.
The cellar as a cause of increased radon concentration
Radon-containing soil air primarily enters the building through leaks in the basement. Typical entry points are e.g. cable and pipe penetrations, cracks in the floor slab, leaking drains or other openings to the ground. Usually the highest radon values are to be expected also here. The so-called chimney effect creates negative pressure in the house, which sucks radon-containing soil air through the above-mentioned leaks into the interior of the building. Then the radon gas spreads further to higher Floors.
Measure all cellar rooms at the same time. This is a simple and inexpensive way to determine which cellar rooms are causally related to elevated values on the upper floors. This mapping helps to determine the entry paths and the derivation of appropriate renovation measures.
Scope of delivery
- PRD Exposimeter in radon-proof packaging
- Measurement protocol to document your measurement
- Set-up instructions and video tutorial via YouTube (German only)
- Evaluation in the accredited test laboratory ALTRAC
- Test report with evaluation results
Note on the evaluation of the exposimeters
- Please send your exposimeters in their original packaging including the measuring protocol directly to the ALTRAC test laboratory. You will find the address on the enclosed measurement report.
- For organisational reasons, you will not receive an acknowledgement of receipt from the test laboratory.
- The evaluation of the exposimeters can take 3 to 4 weeks, depending on the volume.
- All exposimeters are stored in a cool and radon-safe place until evaluation, so that your measurement results are not falsified.
- Your results report, including a recommendation based on your measurement data, will be sent to the email address you provided when you placed your order.