Carry out long-term radon measurements easily and inexpensively yourself with RadonTec PRD Exposimeter
Discover our accredited measuring instruments for your long-term measurements. They are considered to be one of the safest measuring methods for determining concentration and for reliable determination of the annual mean value. Each exposimeter is conveniently evaluated for you by our partner test laboratory ALTRAC after your measurement.
The advantages of the RadonTec PRD Exposimeter
-Relevant values after 1 to 12 months
-Tried and tested technology (nuclear track measurement method)
-Laboratory evaluation included
-Legally accepted exposimeter (important for organizations and companies, but also for private users such as landlords or tenants)
Tips for radon measurement with RadonTec PRD Exposimeter
Meaningful radon measurement in single family houses
In order to carry out a meaningful radon measurement in single-family houses, with which also an annual average value can be determined
- at least two (2) living rooms should be measured (e.g. bedroom, children's, living room).
- at least one living room per floor should be measured.
- should the length of the measurement period be between 3 and 12 months. Those who cannot wait 12 months should observe the minimum measuring time of 3 months (min. 88 days) during the heating period (October - April) in order not to underestimate the annual mean value.
- each single-family house must have its own measurement package.
- the measuring instructions must be followed exactly.
Meaningful measurement for companies and organisations
For the legally recognised exposimeters, the measurement must be carried out for 12 months. As a state-approved measuring body, we are at your side for the execution, measurement and Evaluation.
The cellar as a cause of increased radon concentration
Radon-containing soil air primarily enters the through leaks in the basement. Typical entry points are e.g. cable and pipe penetrations, cracks in the floor slab, leaking drains or other openings to the ground. Usually the highest radon values are to be expected also here. The so-called chimney effect creates negative pressure in the house, which sucks radon-containing soil air through the above-mentioned leaks into the of the building. Then the spreads further to higher Floors.
Measure all cellar rooms at the same time. This is a simple and inexpensive way to determine which cellar rooms are causally related to elevated values on the upper floors. This mapping helps to determine the entry paths and the derivation of appropriate renovation measures.
Positioning of the exposimeters in the room
- Standing on a table or on a shelf or wall unit
- Hanging in the middle of the room (e.g. from a lamp)
- Do not place on floor
- Keep at least 25 cm distance from walls.
- Do not place on strong heat sources or air currents (draught).
- Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 m from windows, external doors, supply air valves and heating elements.
- Observe a minimum distance of 0.5 m from exhaust air valves.
- Not in damp rooms
- Inaccessible to small children
Scope of delivery
- The number of radon dosimeters ordered in a radon-tight package
- Easy to understand measuring instructions
- Access to electronic measurement protocol (via smartphone, PC and tablet)
- Analysis and result report from the accredited radon test laboratory ALTRAC